Mr. Green Jekyll Theme
I was going to make my website and thought if I did it as a template, I could share it with the open source community. That’s why I decided to build it as a theme. I’ve worked so hard to make this possible, so please consider supporting my work. Thanks.
- Multilingual web site
- English (default), Japanese, Brazilian Portuguese
- Recommended language offer feature
- Auto Navigation Button adder with icon enable disable options
- Layouts for
- Color scheme switching options (Dark light)
- Auto Contact option adder
- Auto image referrer (no need to add full path for images. Just add
:in front of it.)
- image lazy loader, image viewer
- Cool Footer with creative commons licensing
- Movable Table of Contents modal box for Posts
- Post Share Options
- Post-listing by Category or Tags
- Comments for posts
- Selectable numbered pagination or scroll to load type
- Sitemap feature
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Analytics (Google Analytics)
- Cookie consent feature
- Contact form feature (Google Forms)
- Site Search feature
- Code Compression for small footprint (
- Mobile App support
- Mobile device friendly (Tested on Android and IOS)
- Well organized folder structure for developers (Tested on Chrome, Safari, FireFox)
- Fork the repo.
Edit _config.yml and change
urllike below and push changes.
- Rename the repo name to
- Check Deploy status
Actionstab on the repo.
- When it’s turned to green, your site is up and running at
- Install Jekyll to your OS
- Clone or download the repo, in command prompt go to the folder run
- Build using
bundle exec jekyll serve --watch --host 0.0.0.0 --safecommand
--host 0.0.0.0parameter you can access web server from same lan.
--safeparameter you can make sure no 3rd party plugin added. (for Github pages development)
- Your page will be up and running at the
Check out Mr. Green theme tutorials playlist on YouTube
I want to thank these projects that gave me an opportunity to build my web site.
Jekyll is a static site generator. It takes text written in your favorite markup language and uses layouts to create a static website. You can tweak the site’s look and feel, URLs, the data displayed on the page, and more. It is a wonderful project which is maintained by volunteers.
GitHub Pages Hosted directly from your GitHub repository. Just push the changes and the site will be automatically generated.
Some of the sites that I find useful while I’m working on this project. links page
You Can Support My Work
Creating projects starting from nothing takes a great amount of time. Much appreciated if you consider supporting me so that I can continue projects like this and creating new contents for everyone.
- You can be one of my GitHub Sponsors (monthly or one time)
- You can be one of my Patreons (monthly)
- You can tip me via Ko-fi (one time)
Pull Requests are welcome. Please check the instructions in the Issues and Pull Request templates.
Thank you for your contributions!
- Brazilian Portuguese translation by Vitor DallAcqua.
As it says in the MIT license, you can use this theme anywhere as long as you include the license and copyright notice.
Copyright (c) 2022 Mr. Green's Workshop https://www.MrGreensWorkshop.com
Please add link to my page or leave the “Pwrd by Mr. Green” link in the footer so I can get credit for my work.
Mr. Green Jekyll Theme incorporates libraries written below. Without these libraries, I couldn’t make this project possible.
|jQuery v3.6.0, Copyright OpenJS Foundation and other contributors. jQuery is distributed under the terms of the MIT License.||jquery-3.6.0.min.js|
|Bootstrap v3.3.7, Copyright (c) 2011-2016 Twitter, Inc. Bootstrap is distributed under the terms of the MIT License.||bootstrap.min.js, bootstrap.min.css|
|Bootstrap Table of Contents v0.4.1, Copyright (c) 2015 Aidan Feldman Aidan Feldman. Bootstrap Table of Contents is distributed under the terms of the MIT License.||bootstrap-toc.min.js, bootstrap-toc.min.css|
|Font Awesome v4.7.0, Copyright (c) 2017 Dave Gandy. The Font Awesome font is distributed under the terms of the SIL OFL 1.1. Font Awesome CSS, LESS, and Sass files are distributed under the terms of the MIT License.||font-awesome.min.css, FontAwesome|
|Lozad.js v1.16.0, Copyright (c) 2017 Apoorv Saxena. Lozad.js is distributed under the terms of the MIT License.||lozad.min.js|
|Magnific Popup v1.1.0, Copyright (c) 2014-2016 Dmitry Semenov, http://dimsemenov.com. Magnific Popup is distributed under the terms of the MIT License.||jquery.magnific-popup.min.js, magnific-popup.css|
|Simple-Jekyll-Search v1.9.2, Copyright (c) 2015 Christian Fei. Simple-Jekyll-Search is distributed under the terms of the MIT License.||simple-jekyll-search-1.9.2.min.js|
|Compress HTML in Jekyll v3.1.0, Copyright (c) 2014 Anatol Broder. Compress HTML in Jekyll is distributed under the terms of the MIT License.||compress.liquid|